Improving Canada's Digital Advantage — Recommendations from Canada 3.0 2010
Submitted by Communitech 2010–07–12 13:17:49 EDT
Theme(s): Building Digital Skills, Canada's Digital Content, Digital Infrastructure, Growing the ICT Industry, Innovation Using Digital Technologies
As the major outreach event for the University of Waterloo Stratford Initiatives and the Canadian Digital Media Network, Canada 3.0 2010 provided a unique vantage point from which to examine the pressing questions facing Canada as we seek to secure leadership in the global digital economy. The general consensus reached at Canada 3.0 was agreement on the urgency for action posed by global competition, the need for collaboration across all sectors of society, and that the emerging foundation of the digital era is not simply digital media technology, but rather connectivity — the social and cultural outcome of the new technology. Participants in the Canada 3.0 2010 Forum articulated a collective ambition to be achieved by Canada's 150th birthday in 2017:
- To identify a transformative national vision;
- To articulate a compelling shared goal of a society empowered and connected through the creative use of new technologies;
- To create an innovative, informed and engaged society, which leads the new global digital economy;
- To be a society in which our governing institutions, our health care and educational institutions model the benefits ; and
- To foster a private sector, drawing inspiration from the creative arts, which markets Canadian ingenuity to the world.
If the following document is not accessible to you, please contact the person below for assistance in obtaining the documents in the appropriate format.
Industry Canada | Industrie Canada
300 Slater Street, Ottawa ON K1A 0C8 | 300, rue Slater, Ottawa ON K1A 0C8
Telephone | Téléphone 613-990-6456
Facsimile | Télécopieur 613-952-2718
Teletypewriter | Téléimprimeur 1-866-694-8389
This document is better viewed and printed in PDF format:
Improving Canada's Digital Advantage -- Recommendations from Canada 3.0 2010 (PDF, 428 KB)
The public consultation period ended on July 13, 2010, at which time this website was closed to additional comments and submissions.
Between May 10 and July 13, more than 2010 Canadian individuals and organizations registered to share their ideas and submissions. You can read their contributions—and the comments from other users—in the Submissions Area and the Idea Forum.
Email to a Friend
- Date modified: